Monday, January 9, 2012

Regionals Report 01/07/12

Hey guys! Sorry this is a day late but I had a lot of homework.
This past weekend I ran Karakuris a Regional. I scrubbed in the bubble and missed my invite. Overall I went 5-3. Here were my matchups:



Round 1: Fabled
Win: 2-0
Game 1:
He couldn't get over my first turn Thunder King for most of the game. When he finally got over it with BLS, I came back with a Burei and a Stardust.
Game 2:
Despite not drawing any of my side deck, I was able to power through. He tried to go off turn 2, and I stopped the Librarian with Fiendish Chain and Solemn Judgment the Trishula. The he attacked with Tengu and Grimro, putting me at 600 life. In main phase 2, he XYZd into Utopia. For my turn, I summon Scrap dragon and kill both of his monsters. Next turn I summoned Thunder King and he scooped.

Round 2: Piper Chaos
Loss: 0-2
Game 1:
I started out very weak with no tuners. He had the Piper + Kinka-Byo combo every turn. The after turn 3 he would put a new chaos monster every turn. In the end, I got outplayed.(If that still exist)
Game 2:
He transition-sided out the piper engine, making my side deck useless.(He was a pretty good player) I was winning the majority of the game with a first turn Landoise. When he finally got rid of the Landoise, I couldn't draw any sufficient monsters. I lost 3 turns later.

A loss this early had me discouraged, but I had to go to the next match "head held high".

Round 3: Blackwings
Loss: 0-2
This Loss made me mad because I lost to a complete sack.
Game 1:
He had an answer for everything I did! In the end he had more resources and I couldn't come back.(the classic anti-meta strategy)
Game 2:
I was winning 4400 to 3000. I had Burei and a Ninja "Kwick" on the field. I had just destroyed his last monster. Neither of us had any cards in hand, and he had an empty field. He top decked DAD and killed my field. I top decked duality into smashing ground and killed DAD. Then he top decked BLS! I scooped.

With this loss I knew I wouldn't top, but I haven't gotten my invite yet. All I had to do was win out.

Round 4: Lightsworn
Win: 2-1
Sorry I don't remember much of this match. All I remember is he won the first game with double Judgment Dragon. I won the second game with Starlight road and a well timed explosion. Game three I won with a leeching light OTK.

Round 5: Chaos KMP
Win: 2-1
I played next to this guy in the last round. After I finished my match, I stayed to watch his. I had the upper hand.
Game 1:
He Otkd me with double Fortress and BLS.
Game 2:
I won with a 4000 attack Chimeratech Fortress Dragon that I knew he had a small chance of getting over because i knew he didn't use smashing ground or defensive traps.
Game 3:
I don't really remember how I won. Something to do with over powering him.

Round 6: No Show

Round 7: Agents
Win: 2-0
Game 1:
I didn't expect to win this one. It got down to top decking while we were both under 2000 life. I top decked Thunder King before he could get a monster.
Game 2:
Leeching Light FTW!...nuff said

I've almost done it. I won out and made it to the bubble. All I needed to do was win one more match.

Round 8: X-Sabers
Loss: 0-2
I have played X-Sabers maybe 5 times back when they had Rescue Cat. I was completely unprepared.
Game 1:
He got the Gotttoms loop pretty early and I couldn't draw any outs.
Game 2:
 I drew 0 monsters. The only monsters I drew the whole game was one late Thunder King and one Maxx "C".

All in all I had fun. I feel like I would have done better if I played at least one Dino rabbit or Plant Synchro deck. I built my deck to combat the My Top Six decks. The only deck on that list I played was Agents and I 2-0d him. The only changes I would make to the deck is find room for 1 Pot of Avarice, 2 Black Horn of Heaven, and 1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness. I would also change my side deck drastically. I found a lot of the the cards to be underwhelming. I don't plan to play Karakuris after ORCS because Inzectors rape them.

Thanks for reading!

Until next time!

John Holmes

No comments:

Post a Comment